Friday, August 23, 2013

Classmates.com

3years ago I broke down and filled out one of those forms for the site,but didn't ever get around to joining,aka spend money. As I  recall,it was a tease by them of who from X highschool had just joined that got me that far. Over the years I have been surprised that kids I know as far back as 1969 still are around and asking about me. Yesterday,my best friend in 6th grade showed up on the list. As best as I can describe him then? Funny. A 12 year old John Candy with horn rimmed glasses. As clear as a bell I remember him asking me then if "I saw this new show called Sesame Street?"..I think I had seen some of it by then and said " That's for little kids isn't it?"...NO! he said, laughing  "Grover in a garbage...Big Bird...Cookie Monster"... and all the while laughing as he imitated them.
And my Jr high crush..she's on there. One day I have to join. But the memories cant be topped as it is. Why take a chance?...
btw You should have heard Dave go on about "Super Chicken" cartoons...

What about you? You still want to meet the HS sweetheart? old, friends?