Wednesday, March 18, 2015

No violins in Rock anymore...

I was watching Starsky and Hutch with them at a Disco. Violins and crashing cymbals blasting to the dance floor. Later I'm driving and put on kfox I think it was. I hear violins on one slow song. I put it on 103.7 I hear more violins and orchestra music mixed with rock and roll. I can remember when ELO thought they were from the far future with there minor opus songs. It was so hip. Although the Beatles had done it early. "The Long and Winding Road" as best example. And most of that was Phil Spector deviousness-lol.

So, It came to me..Violins are out. What was a staple for near 40 -45 years is almost never heard.

Don't give me Mumford and Sons fiddle music.I'm talking the real deal like 'Fly Robin Fly"!

Violins are like the Organ, archaic. The Piano is hanging in there though.