Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Janis Ian.

I ran across a mention of her. I thought she had died. She's alive and well.

I know that she wrote 'society's child' when she was 15 or 16. I was still buying Hot Wheels at 15..well,not really, but in comparison to Janis..you get me.

Her other big hit in1975..that's why this post.  "At Seventeen". When she was on the TV shows singing it?..I cringed,shrank back every time she got to "Ugly girls like me"..it was painful to hear. She always sang it with a sad look and a glance down..Aghh..my teen angst meter was on overtime.

I don't know why. Maybe it conjures up school bully's or girl relatives who you knew wanted to be pretty..and were not.

It was no "Ballad of the Green Berets" on me. I was ready to go all Rambo (if Rambo had been made back then) on Southeast Asia and Russia  after hearing that.